Dec 27, 2013

THE HOLIDAYS

I love this time of year.  The weather starts to cool down, eggnog is sold in stores, & everyone tends to be a little nicer.  Each year my cousin and I look forward to Starbucks Sea Salt Carmel Hot Chocolate.  This drink is so popular where we live that most of the time they run out of the sea salt before the new year.  It's such a bummer.  Well it's time to change things.  Since having JuJu I want to make sure we start our own traditions.  Making my own signature hot chocolate is one tradition I will start in my home.  I found this recipe from How sweet it is and fell in love.   Never-mind it's loaded with calories, it's HOT CHOCOLATE!  This recipe will sure be a favorite of JuJu's (my daughter) and MT's (my husband) for years to come.  MT loves coconut.  I'll just personalize it to make it my own.  You can find the full recipe here.  Enjoy!

Much Love & Fashion Fun,

Tea Todd

Ingredients:

4 (13 oz) cans full-fat coconut milk
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
8 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons coconut extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
frosting to rim the mugs
whipped cream or
coconut whipped cream for topping
marshmallows for topping

No comments:

Post a Comment